Buy-to-let (BTL) mortgages are for landlords who want to buy property to rent it out. The rules around buy-to-let mortgages are similar to those around regular mortgages, but there are some key differences:
- The fees tend to be much higher
- Interest rates are usually higher
- The minimum deposit is usually 25% of the purchase price of the property
- The maximum you can borrow is linked to the amount of rental income you expect to receive
- Most BTL lending is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Most BTL mortgages are interest-only. This means you only pay the interest each month, and not the capital amount. At the end of the mortgage term, you repay the original loan in full.
At The Mortgage Shop our advisers have a wealth of experience dealing with BTL mortgages. They will make you fully aware of the process, what the commitment is for you as a landlord / investor and where any potential risks lie. Please look at our page on BTL tips for more information.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest impartial mortgage broker in N Ireland.
- Flexible appointments to suit your schedule
- We have been in business since 1992
- Completely impartial advice, offering nearly whole market solutions
- We have helped 1000's of people just like you.
- 5 Star Rated - Read Reviews
- Experts with the lending criteria for all of the major lenders, we lookout for problems and potential setbacks on your behalf and increase your chances of having a successful mortgage application.