What Is A ‘New Build’ Property?
A new-build property is one that’s been newly built, or substantially renovated, within the past two years and not sold during that period. If you’re buying a place where work hasn’t started on the land, or the property is in the process of being built, it’s known as ‘off-plan’. Trying to secure a mortgage on an off-plan home can be more complicated than one that’s been already built.
Expert Advice - At Hand
New builds are an exciting time for you as a home buyer as it allows you to put your own stamp and personality into your dream home. However this can be overwhelming when you have to deal with upfront fees, deposits and timescales to name but a few, but you are in safe hands with one of our Mortgage Shop advisers who will guide you through the process from start to finish, your first appointment is free.
Advantages - New Builds
- More energy efficient.
- Choice of your own fixtures and fittings, such as flooring, tiles, lighting and fixed appliances.
- Avoiding costly delays and pitfalls of the regular house-buying process - property chains.
- If the new build home you want to buy is off-plan, you might experience delays if the construction work gets held up.
- A developer is likely to ask for a reservation fee to secure your plot for an off-plan home. You could lose this fee if you pull out from the purchase.
- New build homes are typically more expensive.
Why You Need A Mortgage Broker
- Mortgage lending criteria is stricter for new-builds - we work with a wide range of lenders, doing the hard work for you.
Why Choose Us?
- Largest impartial mortgage broker in N Ireland.
- Flexible appointments to suit your schedule
- We have been in business since 1992
- Completely impartial advice, offering nearly whole market solutions
- We have helped 1000's of people just like you.
- 5 Star Rated - Read Reviews
- Experts with the lending criteria for all of the major lenders, we lookout for problems and potential setbacks on your behalf and increase your chances of having a successful mortgage application.